The Appalachian Air Canines web site is designed to provide a public forum for club members to exchange information that relates to club activities. This site is moderated by a three person committee appointed by club representatives. The Moderating Committee is authorized to remove, edit, or close posts that violate the rules stated in this policy. It also reserves the right to ban the use of this web site by those held in violation of any stated rules or the club’s Mission Statement. Although the Moderating Committee will act to keep objectionable posts from this forum, the Committee and other representatives of Appalachian Air Canines are not responsible for post content. All messages express the views of the author. The Moderating Committee may reveal users identities or other information known about users in the event of a legal action arising from any message posted here.
Rules of Conduct for the Appalachian Air Canines Web Site
All users of this site agree to the rules of conduct outlined below. User agreement is assumed upon subscription to this site.
- I agree that I will not post any communications that are libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, or disruptive, or that may constitute grounds for civil liability.
- I agree not to upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- I agree not to post any advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation.
- I agree not to post any copyrighted or proprietary information, confidential or privileged records or other information restricted from public dissemination without proper authorization as provided by law.
- I agree not to harvest emails from this forum for spam or spam-like purposes, or for any type of mass-mailing or bulk e-mail.
- I understand that any member who threatens another member of this web site via public post or private contact will be banned immediately without notice.
- I am solely responsible for the content of my posts and I agree to hold Appalachian Air Canines and its representatives harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my posts.
- I understand that failure to observe these rules and to conduct myself with appropriate etiquette may result in my removal from this site.
Suggested Email Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Let others know who is posting.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of your post in the subject line.
- When replying to another’s post, include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any unnecessary information and put your response before the original posting.
- Send a message to the forum only when it contains information that everyone should hear.
- Send messages such as “Good post!” or “Me, too!” to individuals, not to the entire forum. Do this by using your e-mail application’s forwarding option and typing in or pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Do not send administrative messages, like “remove me from this list,” through the forum. Please contact the Site Administrator with these requests.
- Do not reply to someone else’s post in order to begin a new discussion. Initiate a new topic with a unique subject line instead.
- At all times use tact and consideration in your posts. Challenge others’ points-of-view with respect and logic. Avoid personal attacks and flaming. Make sure your posts are clear, concise, grammatically correct, and free of spelling errors.