Bullseye teams are allowed 60 seconds and two discs to score as many points as possible.
The handler and canine are required to be inside the throwing zone before time starts. When the handler is ready, the line judge (timer) will give them the OK to start. Time begins when the disc is released or when the dog steps outside the throwing zone.
The handler must be inside the throwing zone for all throws, but may move freely around the field at other times. A throw will not be scored if the handler steps on or over the throwing circle line prior to or during the release of the disc. If the disc leaves the handler’s hand before the time expires, it will be scored.
To receive points, catches must be completed with all four dogs paws landing beyond one of the official scoring zones (see diagram). If a canine catches a disc with paws in more than one scoring zone, the catch will be scored as if it were made in the scoring zone closest to the throwing zone.
Scoring is based on the following point scale. An additional ½ point bonus will be awarded for each successful catch in which the dog makes a catch with all four paws clearly off the ground in an obvious jumping effort and subsequently lands with all four paws beyond a scoring circle:
- Throwing Zone (4 yard diameter circle)
- 0-Point Zone (Beyond 4 yard diameter circle)
- 1-Point Zone (Beyond 8 yard diameter circle)
- 2-Point Zone (Beyond 12 yard diameter circle)
- 3-Point Zone (Beyond 16 yard diameter circle)
If there is a tie for first, second or third place, the tie will be broken by the following criteria, as necessary:
1. The team with the highest number of catches in the round,
2. A face-off round with each team receiving 30-second time limit.